Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blog Virgin

Good morning blog world....its me the Blog Virgin...

I was introduced to blogworld a couple of months ago from a friend and neighbour....forgetting all about it - she suggested I should read her "blog" this week....so not only did I read her current but all previous blogs as well....well the giggles overtook me; I had tears streaming down my face and had more than one "visual" after reading her blurbs....I commented on her various blogs but also had to call her to tell her that she had turned my "blah Tuesday morning" totally around....

In reading her various blogs I thought "hey I can do this"

So I started the process....first come up with a name....and as the ringer song on my cell phone is "Life is a Highway" by Tom Cochrane .... I figured that cathslifeisahighway would be so fitting...

Life is a highway don't you think...we take all the curves and bends, hills and dips and all the other "obstacles" that life has to throw at you. From money to health, we get it all.

Without telling you my complete life story...I am a mother, a wife, a daughter and a taxi service to my 2 youngest children...child #3 does not live at home but I do occassionally act as her taxi (but on a willing basis as the only chance I have to spend time with her is to play taxi - it works for us both) I don't complain about this taxi driver aspect of my existance as I love to get out of the house and "head on down the highway" to my next adventure....I love my children more than life itself and on more than one occassion have gone above and beyond for them. My husband and many friends say that I spoil my kids...maybe so...but they are mine and I love spending time with them.

They are getting older and much less dependant on me and as a mother that diminishes the level of "need" they have for me. Hubby says that he can't wait until the nest is empty...and I think "oh my god" what will I do with myself...I will have nobody to pick up after, no large meals to make and heck I can get away with doing laundry once a week instead of daily....now wait a minute...this might be a good thing!!!

Well back to the grind....we'll "blog" again later....
Signed the Blog Virgin

No comments:

Post a Comment