Monday, August 10, 2009

Hohumm Monday!!

I awoke this morning thinking...hmmmmm...another fine Monday morning. What trouble can I get into today. Well - with work at 10; I have 2 1/2 hours to do one of 3 things....a. I can roll over and pull the blankets over my head and hope that the 2 dogs cannot find me (yeah right) b. go to work early and try to accomplish something constructive...(na...aint gonna happen) or c. pick up my book "The Time Traveller's Wife" and read until the last available minute. Well I can honestly say none of these came to fruition....the phone rang and I had to get my son up for an unexpected day of work. The life of mom and a taxi driver never ends. Working 7 days a week leaves little planned "me" time. There is always laundry, tidying up, meal organizing and many more daily tasks to attend to. So I've raced around - made the bed, put the dogs out for the 9th time, started a load of wash, loaded clothes for the goodwill, dropped the boy off at work and took a quick run into the thrift store around from work....heck I've got 45 minutes to kill. I enjoy roaming thru these stores never knowing what kind of treasures I might come across. Teaspoons....yes I need some of them because somewhere in my house there is a spoon thief and by the love of god if I find him/her - they're gonna get such a talking to. Picture frames .... yes I'll take those. Oh nice pants....yup they just might fit....ok so better leave because the longer I roam these isles....the more "stuff" I'll be taking home with me. Out to the car and oh my god...its 10 minutes past work starting time....impossible....

So the Hohumm day isn't so bad after all...I've managed to squeeze in a little time for me....

So the next time you think its gonna be a hohummm kind of day....just remember - its all what you make it --- I'll be off in an hour and back to another new adventure...


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment